COURSE 1: Bulk Forming simulation
The course participants will learn principles of numerical modeling for volumetric metal forming processes. The workshop topics will include predicting defects and estimation of tool fatigue for hot bulk forging, simulation of elastoplastic deformation of the workpiece and tools for cold bulk forming, as well as special methods for numerical simulation of open die forging, ring rolling, screw rolling and longitudinal rolling processes. Special attention will be paid to the phase transformations and grain size evolution analysis during deformation and heat treatment. The course participants will also gain practical skills in preparation of initial data for numerical simulation as well as interpretation of simulation results in modern commercial software. Computers with simulation software and interesting training examples will be provided to participants.
- Numerical simulation of bulk metal forming processes
- Hot forging: prediction of material flow defects and tool fatigue analysis
- Cold bulk forming: simulation of coupled elastic-plastic deformation and workpiece damage analysis
- Simulation of longitudinal, screw rolling, open die forging and ring rolling processes using dual-mesh method
- Simulation of phase transformations during heat treatment of forged parts
- Analysis of microstructure evolution processes in metal forming